- Light Weight Fabric: Super Light Weight for Drapery Use Only. Silk, Sheers, Gauze & Taffetas.
- Drapery Lining: Use for Drapery & Bedding projects.
- Multi Purpose Fabrics: For Draperies, Bedding and Upholstery Projects. Includes Linen, Printed Fabric, Tapestries, Jacquard Solids & Patterns.
When it comes to decorating the home, most people want fashionable fabrics that don’t cost a fortune. Here at Interior Fabrics, Cutting Corners, and Fabric Resource, we can offer you the best of both: the latest styles and colors at an affordable price.
Costly, Doesn’t Necessarily Mean Quality…
There’s a terrible misconception in the home fabric industry: Various vendors, retail stores, decorators and even catalogs push the idea that whatever costs the most is the best. This couldn’t be further from the truth! And this is why…
To put it simply, the main reason fabrics become expensive is because of mark-ups. For example, a piece of fabric that comes from the mill may cost ten dollars. A jobber will then buy this fabric, put it in a sample book and increase the price somewhere around twenty or thirty dollars. The design store or decorator will then raise the price yet again, charging you a lot more than what its really worth. It’s the same piece of fabric that left the mill, so why pay so much?
Large corporate-owned chain stores often attach big mark-up prices to turn a big profit. This profit is what pays for high overheads, stockholder returns and the designer’s fee. If you’re paying high prices ask yourself why. If it’s because of this “costly equals quality” misconception, then you might want to reconsider putting those extra dollars toward something else.
Save by Shopping Outlet
Cutting Corners, Interior Fabrics, and Fabric Resource are your local fabric mill outlet sources! Here are some things that make us unique:
- We buy direct from the mills, which allows us to avoid middlemen and excess mark-ups on fabric. For example, our 100% woven Dupioni silk from India is offered at $24.99 per yard. After middlemen mark-ups, you’d pay around $39 or higher, from one of our national competitors.
- We are family owned, which lets us control our own profits
- We keep prices low because we enjoy selling a large quantity of quality products at a low price
- Our employees are not high-priced designers and they do not work on commission. They are however very nice people, that will happily cut you a swatch, share their opinion and carry the bolt to your car. They can’t design your home for you, but they will help you prepare in any way they can.
- Our stores are nice, but humble so that we can charge for fabric, and fabric alone. We don’t think our customers should pay for fancy fixtures or merchandise displays.
Here are some examples our most popular fabrics that we have available for a fraction of designer costs:
54” Dupioni Silk
60” Faux Silk
54” Faux Suede
54” Faux Leather
54” Tapestries, Jacquards & Chenilles
But my Furniture isn’t That Old…
Customers often say, “I wish the fabric on my sofa would wear out so I could recover it!” Why wait until then? The fabric may not have worn out, but the style probably has. You don’t wait until your clothes fall apart before you update them, so why should you do that with your home furnishings?
Your home is an expression of your personality and style. It’s a place where you spend time with family and friends. To keep it fresh and inviting, you don’t have to break the bank, you just have to shop smart and Cutting Corners, Interior Fabrics and Fabric Resource are definitely a smart place to start. Visit us to get great quality at an affordable price so you can enjoy your home everyday!