Even if you hate the cold, it’s hard not to appreciate the sheer beauty of a bright, white blanket of snow. The color white, sometimes considered stark or cold, can actually be fresh and welcoming when used inside a home. This winter, try embracing those winter whites so you can have a gorgeous winter wonderland without feeling the chill.
Some tidbits about whiteâ€¦
- White is anything but boring
- White can be warm, cozy and inviting
- White is pretty easy to care for (Gasp! Yes, it’s true.)
- White will eternally be in style
- White lets you be flexible
The nice thing about white pulled from nature is the variations. For example, if you step outside on a winter day, you’ll often see undertones of blues, grays, and yellows depending on the lighting. Varying tones such as this offer more choices for those who prefer something subtler than pure white.
Putting White to Use
There are several ways you can use the color white. From bright white to subdued cream, here are some ways you can put this clean and confident neutral to use in your home.
- All white everywhere. It’s a bold move to surround yourself in a blanket of white, but when you make the choice to do so, you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the outcome. An all-white room is a blank canvas just waiting for you to make it personal, whether it’s hip and modern, shabby chic cottage or something in between.
- White with pops of color. As mentioned earlier, white gives you flexibility. If there are certain colors you absolutely love, keep in mind that nothing will make it pop like a backdrop of white.
- Woodsy with white. Afraid that white will be too cool for you? Warm it up quickly by adding warm woods to the mix. White gives certain woods a modern look and wood furniture, distressed with white paint, produce a cottage-like feel.
- Linens only. Again, if bright white feels too stark for you, drape your bed in white linens. White sheets look crisp and make the room look like an upscale hotel or resort.
- With accessories. If you only want pops of bright white through the house, create your winter wonderland with accessories. White dishes in glass cabinets, vases, faux fur rugs, white wood photo frames, or pillows and throws are all great ways to bring this color into your home.
When you are looking for a fabric store near you in Richardson, TX, stop by our CUTTING CORNERS for great deals on discount designer fabrics. You will find something for every home interior project from gorgeous drapery fabrics to light weight cottons and luxurious Dupioni Silks.