Luxury fabrics elevate any space while also making a stylish statement. Here are 7 of the top high-end textile trends designers are embracing for 2023:
- Works well in formal spaces like living rooms, bedrooms and dining spaces where you want to create an elegant, glamorous mood. The rich texture and sheen stands out.
- Ribbed or crushed velvet adds dimension; flat velvet has uniform color. Metallic velvets up the glam factor.
- Stick to solid jewel tones or subtle tone-on-tone patterns. Busy velvet patterns can feel overwhelming.
- Use velvet sparingly on focal points like an accent chair or headboard. Too much velvet can feel dark and heavy.
- Velvet upholstery wears well but can show pet hair/lint easily. Vacuum and steam regularly. Dry clean only.
- Best for adding warmth and soft texture in small doses. Works well on toss pillows, throws, area rugs.
- Neutral and pastel furs create a chic, elegant vibe. Vibrant colors make more of a statement.
- Faux mink has multidirectional texture like real mink. Shaggy furs feel boho. Sheared furs are modern.
- Avoid placing faux fur where it will get direct sun exposure, as the fibers can fade over time.
- Faux fur is durable but shakes loose fibers easily. Use a lint roller and wash gently.
- Metallic leather makes a bold style statement. A little goes a long way - use it minimally.
- Works well on furniture accents like a bench ottoman or chair cushions in modern, glam spaces.
- Distressed metallic leather has an edgier, vintage look. Smoother finishes appear more contemporary.
- Wipe spills immediately to avoid stains. Condition regularly. Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- Eco-friendly faux metallic leathers like laminated vinyl have a similar look with less environmental impact.
- Use silk to infuse luxury into any space. Works in both traditional and modern decor.
- Looks beautiful on drapes, bedding, and lampshades where the sheen and fluid drape stand out.
- Woven tone-on-tone silks add subtle elegance. Bolder Asian or floral prints make a statement.
- Silk requires delicate care. Dry clean only. Avoid direct light which can fade colors.
- More durable washable silk alternatives like silk-linen blends allow wider use.
- Best for adding bold texture and medallion-style floral patterns or geometric designs.
- Hang tapestry panels like artwork. Use them on toss pillows and throws. Upholster furniture.
- Tapestry has an heirloom, vintage look. Works in traditional, boho and eclectic spaces.
- Dust regularly with a soft brush. Avoid excessive sunlight. Dry clean only.
- Use faux shearling to add irresistible softness and texture without harming animals.
- Drape on chairs, sofas, headboards for an instant style upgrade. Perfect for cozy spaces.
- Faux shearling is durable and machine washable. It's more stain resistant than real shearling.
- The long fibers can shed easily. Use a lint roller and wash gently.
- Elevates basic linen with special hand-embroidered embellishments for a touch of artisan flair.
- Beautiful on table linens, drapes, pillows. Adds subtle pattern and texture.
- Works well in relaxed boho, French country and romantic spaces.
- Handwash gently to preserve delicate embroidery. Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- Machine embroidered linen is also available for more budget-friendly durable options.
Experiment with these elevated fabrics to give any room a luxuriously cozy, glamorous style for 2023 and beyond. Ready to start looking for new fabrics now? Check out our show rooms or visit us online where we have a wide range of luxurious fabrics to choose from!