Moving into a new house can be an exciting time but it doesnâ€™t feel like much more than a structure until it begins to reflect the owners. In order to feel comfortable in a new space, you have to turn that house into a home. So just how do you do this? Letâ€™s take a look at some simple additions you can give your house to turn it into a cozy space youâ€™re proud to call home.
- Warm up the floors. You may not know how big of an impact flooring can have on a space. Cold and bare floors make a home look unfinished and sparse, so take time to warm it up. If you prefer carpet, make sure it makes your feet happy. If you have hardwood, tie the living areas together with plush rugs in colors that compliment your walls and furniture.
- Brighten with better lighting. Lighting allows you to determine how and where light works in your space. It also allows you to give the space a personal touch. Even if youâ€™re in a rental property, you can change out an existing fixture to something more appealing. Hate that boring light hanging over the dining table? Change it out with a chandelier you love. If you arenâ€™t able to change fixtures out easily, opt for lamps with some fun shades.
- Hang things on the wall. Thereâ€™s no easier way to make a house feel homey then by hanging things on the wall. Take time to display prints or paintings, and definitely focus on putting some personal pictures in nice frames. Your place will feel much more lived in when youâ€™re surrounded by these eye-catching details.
- Customize with color. Our favorite colors say a lot about who we are so what better place to put them then in our home? This doesnâ€™t mean drench the entire house in your favorite shade. Instead, opt for a neutral base and add splashes of your favorite colors with items such as pillows, window treatments, chair cushions and accessories.
- Set out accessories. Adding personal touches will help you feel connected to your space in a big way. Just about anything from your past can be turned into a sentimental display piece. If nothing you have suits the space, you can turn to some random accessories that are a bit whimsical. Just make sure you go for something that reflects your personality.
If you are looking for designer fabrics near Sugar Land, we have just what you need! Come by our location in Houston where you ill find a wide selection of fresh and colorful outdoor fabric.